For me colours are living beings, highly evolved individuals that integrate with us and with the whole world. Colours are the true inhabitants of space
Never before in history has colour been so closely intertwined with human life. It gives us the psychological drive we need to find our way out of difficult circumstances and charges us with the energy for the future.
Each colour is laden with meaning and there is always a shade we can identify with, after which it is easy enough to use its symbolism in order to express ourselves and narrate our own particular situation and lifestyle.
Part of the beauty of colour lies in the fact that we can bring together different shades, allowing them to meld, commingle and breathe life into new hues which in turn channel fresh sensations and trigger other perceptions.
2022 Pantone wall colour: it's the year of VERY PERI – 17-3938
The mixture that PANTONE will use to create new colours for house walls in 2022 stems from a blending of two primary colours and their nuances:
• BLUE: this is an extremely deep colour which represents truth, loyalty, steadfastness and perseverance. It is the colour of intellect. It comes in a range of tones and symbolises calmness, peacefulness, emotional stability and harmony
• RED: a primary colour which stands for energy, excitement and the here and now. Red is the colour of love and desire; it stirs up feelings of strength, warmth and protection.
The PANTONE COLOUR INSTITUTE decided to infuse a particular shade of blue with a vivifying violet-red undertone to highlight the expansive possibilities that lay before each one of us in the new year.
So, VERY PERI – 17-3938 will be leading the dance for fashionable wall colour in 2022. An energising periwinkle blue with vitalising violet-red undertones that fuses the qualities of blue (loyalty and constancy) with all the energy and excitement of red.
2022 wall-colour palette: VALPAINT’s take on Very Peri
Very Peri will not only have a bearing on home-wall colour trends throughout 2022, but it will also deeply affect other sectors of society, from fashion to communication, dictating style for the entire year.
VALPAINT, a leading name in the design and production of decorative paints and ever attentive to shifts in taste in the interior-design world, also has an offering of shades which chimes with the latest colour fashions for interior walls.
1) POLISTOF, a fabric-effect wall paint: COL. 385 and COL. 385 + L50 col. 301
2) DECORATIVE WATER-DILUTABLE ENAMEL V55 MATT and V88 SATINÈ, decorative water-dilutable enamels for indoor application with an antibacterial, water-repellent and sustainable formula: COL. 1196
3) ARTECÒ 1, the water and lime-based paint for indoor and outdoor use. It can be used to create special antique effects, calling to mind the type of decoration seen in the country residences of Renaissance Italy: COL. 446 B + 445B
New home-wall colours: 2022 colours for interiors
Although the PANTONE shade 17-3938 VERY PERI will have a great impact on interior-design trends in 2022, there will also be other shades that will hold a sway over interior designers.
Here are the other important hues for the year:
• LIGHT INDIGO or POWDER BLUE
• FLESH PINK
• PEARLY WHITE
• CONCRETE GREY
• OLIVE GREEN
New wall-colour trends: light indigo or powder blue
An almost impalpable pastel hue, light indigo refreshes settings with a “cool soothing” touch.
Its nature requires it to be enhanced by contrasting colours, such as rust which gives it distinctive radiance, or otherwise white for a more understated collected style.
When combined with other finishing materials (for instance, wood, fabric or ceramic), it will bring their beauty to the fore without losing its own individuality.
The VALPAINT wall paints that lend themselves to this colour trend are:
• POLISTOF - col. 383
• VALRENNA - col. 446 D
• DECORATIVE WATER-DILUTABLE ENAMEL V55 and V88 - col. 1189
• VALSETIN 2 - SILV. 700 col. 536 E
Flesh pink is one of the home-wall-colour fashion trends for 2022
This delightfully demure shade also has pastel undertones and ushers in a sense of romanticism, delicacy and refinement.
Drawing on the power of red yet tempered by the purity of white, it lends itself to many other colours, including darker ones such as grey. When matched to dark stone, it imbues settings with unforgettable allure.
VALPAINT's new colours for interior walls that can be used to create this pastel tone are:
• ROCOCÒ col. 440 D
• POLISTOF col. 344 + L50 col. 301
• SABULADOR MATT col. 440 E
• SABULADOR SOFT MATT GESSO 500 + Col. 433 E
White: an ageless aesthetic for wall colour
Absence of colour or a combination of all the colours of the rainbow... this shade of shades embodies purity, simplicity and extraordinary elegance. No interior-design project would have sense without white. It is the keystone of almost all artistic undertakings, enhancing other shades and adding definition to any combination.
In the 2022 wall-colour trends, it comes in an unusual pearly version.
The VALPAINT decorative effects that render it best are:
• VALSETIN 2 PEARL 710
• SABULADOR SOFT LUX SILVER 100
• SABULADOR LUX Col. 614
• VALPAINT I-BETON Col. 491 C Glossy
Orange is one of the trending shades for interiors in 2022
This highly communicative hue can be used in interior design to highlight details and bring warmth to settings.
It pairs well with grey (included deep grey) and with pearly white, but is also a good counterpoint to green.
The VALPAINT colours which will help you achieve this colour to perfection are:
• VALRENNA 2 474 B
• VALSETIN 2 Gold 709 + 531 C
• SABULADOR SOFT Gold 200 + 441 D
• POLISTOF Col. 425
Painting homes in concrete grey
Carrying over from trending wall colours in 2021, concrete grey will take centre stage in interior-design projects in 2022 as well.
Coming in a host of different nuances, it will do justice to residential environments and business premises alike. What makes it so appealing is not only its exact shade, but the fact that grey superbly channels tactile finishes as well.
The VALPAINT colours that unlock the potential of concrete grey are:
• METEORE 10 CEMENTO: Slim Effect Ref. 121
• METEORE 10 CEMENTO: Compact Effect Ref. 121
• METEORE 10 INTONACO: Col. 467 B Spatula-Stroke Effect
• VALRENNA 2: Col. 425 C
Olive green is another trending colour for wall decoration in 2022
Olive green will be a scene stealer in 2022 as far as colour in interior design is concerned. A colour that is truly suggestive of nature and forms a perfect foil to VERY PERI, it will bring the best out of both shades and contribute to the creation of fashion-forward vibrant environments.
How do you make olive-green walls using VALPAINT products? Here are the decorative effects you need:
• SABULADOR MATT: Col. 466 A
• POLISTOF: Col. 433
• SABULADOR SOFT Lux: Silver 100 Col. 532 A
• VALSETIN 2: Gold 709 + Col. 536 E